Sunday, June 29, 2014

Ch. 67 - Snowed In


"So much for winter weekend of hot tubbing."   

"I'll go call the repair service."


"Aww man!  Mom the stove is acting up again!  I set the right temperature and followed the cooking directions exactly and the waffles still came out burnt."  



Winter had not turned the temple into a wonderland as my teens had hoped.  Appliances needed maintenance and the kitchen and bathrooms needed scrubbing.  Since it was too cold outside for anyone to leave home I made good use of all the hands I had available to get household jobs done.


"So many dishes..."


"School has been canceled do to extreme weather conditions."

"Yes!  Snow day!  Snow day! Snow day!  Snow day!"


"Hey Kasmy it's a snow day, do you want to build a snowman?"


"After this we can ride our bikes around the halls."

"No, we're not cute little kids mom would just laugh and shake her head at any more.  She would kill us if we did that now and scuffed her imported tiles." 


"From the looks of things outside I take that school was canceled?"

"Yup and the weather channel is predicting the same for tomorrow."

"Well I better get to work on stocking up the fridge since everyone will be cooped up inside.  I slept in late today because your little brother or sister seems to be made of feet with all the kicking they were doing last night."


"Hey little one take it easy on mom in there will ya?"


With the snow storm going on outside I decided something warm and gooey was in order.


Mac and cheese would hit the spot for the cravings I was having.


"Hey mom guess what?  I was still able to sign up for the sports club even though school was canceled."

"That's great Kasmy!  How about we do a quick workout together?  I over did it with the mac and cheese earlier and could use a energy boost."


As it turned out the work out with Kasmy gave me just enough energy to make it back up the stairs to the rocking chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment