Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Ch. 60 - Green Gardens


It was just a another calm relaxing day the weekend following Helios, Hesper and Helicia's departure.  Helios and I used to spend the first part of the morning chatting while I made breakfast.

Iris being the little darling that she is climbed into bed with me and began chatting away.

"So the builders are coming to set up the garden soon?  Greenhouses are great because you can keep your plants from going dormant in the winter."

"Yes, I want to have plenty of yummy fruits and vegetables for everyone year around.  I may even grow some herbs to spice things up a bit."

"In scouts we learned you can get sick if you eat too many herbs."

"Oh, I'll have to keep that in mind."



Since my elves moved out Sutter and his herd have gained a second home.  

"Here's your apple my sweet.  Have a good visit and give everyone my best."


They alternate between visits when Baron and Genio aren't competing.


Isidor and Iris both have been taking their skill building seriously. 


They've both signed up for after school activities.  Iris joined the scouts and Isidor is taking dance.


The twins have already decided that they want to attend university after high school graduation.  Iris wants to earn a degree in science and Isidor a degree in fine arts.


The two often help each other out with homework and have been doing very well because of it.


The girls are also coming along well with their development.  I've been spending a lot of time with them in the nursery since I'm the only one who can teach them for now.  The new play pen has been a huge help with teaching the girls how to talk.


Once Jacinda is potty trained all three girls will be able to celebrate their birthday and start school.

Everyone has been working diligently to improve their skills but to keep stress levels down I always make sure there is time for play.


"You sure do like the blue blocks don't you Jacintha?"

"Blocks fun!"


"Communication systems were knocked out by the crash landing on this alien planet.  How is the rest of the ship looking Astronaut Iris?"

"It will take some time but I'm sure I can repair it.  Sensors show there is a power source near by we can use to replace what we burned up during landing."


"Oh no, there's an alien creature guarding the fuel crystals we need.  We need to head back to the ship to figure out a plan to draw it away."

Iris caught a new lizard for the terrarium while out with the scouts.  She's been doing so well lately I couldn't refuse her request to keep the little creature no matter how much I really really wanted to. 


I was giving the girls their morning bath when I heard my new watering system turning on.


"Grow up strong and healthy little seed."  Rain Forest told the strawberry seed.


He had heard about the goddess that lived by the beach and hoped she would grant him his wish if planted her a garden from his best seeds.


When I went down to see the progress of my new greenhouse I found it still mostly unfinished.  The gardening crew had not returned like I'd thought and a plantsim was hard at work planting seeds in the freshly turned soil.  

It was my first time seeing a plantsim face to face.  I had heard were the result of some gene splicing experiments.  


"I don't recall ordering new plants with the greenhouse.  And wouldn't it be wise to plant after the greenhouse is constructed?" I said to the handsome gardener.

"Greenhouse?  Oh I'm not here to build a greenhouse.  I'm Rain by the way, Rain Forest.  I came to make an offering of my best fruit and vegetable seeds.  I have a request if you're willing to listen?"


Of course I was always willing to listen to a handsome man.  Rain had a very soothing voice and a fresh earthy scent.  We went to a nearby park and Rain told me about his wish to make more plantsims.

"I love what you've done with Sunlit Tides and I'd be honored if you'd help bring more plantsims into the world."

I have to admit the thought of being experimented on made me hesitant.  Green skin just was not me but Rain let me know there were other ways to get forbidden fruit.


He asked me to dance and told me about how his parents, two scientist that became plantsims had grown him organically from a forbidden fruit seed they produced naturally together.


After hearing that news I was much more open to the idea of having plantsim babies.


Rain was also a phenomenal dancer.


Slow dancing with him was like floating on a flower scented breeze.


"So what do you have to say to my request?"  Rain asked when our dance ended.


"When are you free to help me work on my garden?"

No comments:

Post a Comment