Thursday, May 29, 2014

Ch. 55 - Good-bye Elves


Today was the elves birthday.  Gene, Genia and Genio would be graduating and moving out with their unicorns.  


Having the six of them leave me all in one day took some of the shine from my otherwise dazzling personality.  They wouldn't be moving far but it's always hard for a mother to let go.  Sutter and Fireball sensed my mood and walked with me along the beach to keep me company.  


Later when the twins woke up I focused all my attention on them.  I wanted to enjoy as much time with them as possible before our trip to France.  Isidor and Iris were both walking and potty trained by the afternoon.  I'm still an excellent teacher even when I'm not feeling my best.


I got a little emotional watching my youngest grow up a little more right before my eyes.

"It's time to start getting ready for the party mom," Genio said before I gathered him and then his brother into my arms.

"Aww mom, it's not like were going to be leaving town.  We're just moving to the next beach over," Gene said embarrassed by my display but hugged me back just as tight. 



Helicia put the twins to bed while everyone got ready for the party and I tracked down Genia for goodbye hugs.


All of my grown children got the same treatment when we got to the Rec.  

"Oh I've missed you so much Fasya.  Congratulations on your promotion to lieutenant."

"Thanks mom, I've missed you too.  It hasn't been that long since I've visited has it?  We'll go out for dinner soon one of these days okay?"


After making a few more dates for lunch and breakfast with Cyrena and Doria it was time to start blowing out candles.  Genia was first to celebrate her birthday.


Genia aged into a beautiful young woman and gained the hopeless romantic trait.  She wants to be an animal rescuer.


Genio was the next of my elves to step into adulthood.


Look how smart and handsome he turned out to be.  Genio gained the flirty trait.  He hopes to become a jockey with Fireball's help. 


Gene became a gorgeous gentleman and gained the great kisser trait.  He wants to grow the perfect garden to encourage others to lead a healthier lifestyle.  With Baron blessing his crops I'm positive he'll have everyone eating out of the palm of his hand.  


I teared up a bit when the three of them climbed on their unicorns and flashed away.  It's always a bittersweet moment when it's time for my children to leave me and move on but when they come back to visit it's always one of my most cherished moments.

*Bounus Pics*


Gnomes!!!


I just love these little guys.


They have been my bread and butter for this challenge especially since the unicorns came into the picture.  It has been a while since Aphrodite got a big ticket offering and the last one she got(a car) was stolen by a burglar!  Buying the house for this last group cleaned her out.  Since the kitchen garden died selling them has kept the repo man away.

A note from Mellowyellow:

Hey fellow Sims fans!  I see the blog has gotten over 7,000 views and I just wanted to give a great big THANKS to my subscribers, lurkers and accidental google searchers.  This challenge has not been easy going with all the crashes, error codes and harsh words exchanged between Evelyn and I but we have resolved our issues and decided to come together because we have been challenged!  The challenger shall remain unnamed(I've got one for him but I try to keep a T for teen rating on here).  Anyway my challenger hasn't touched an EA game since the Sims 2 but claims they can finish the 100 BC faster than me even with my head start.  "HA!  Loser buys the winner's choice game card!"  Was what I had to say to that before working out some extra rules since I have a blog to keep up and they don't.  It is now crunch time since my challenger has a better computer than me, summer is almost upon us and that last gameplay video for the Sims 4 was awesome! I've got to get Aphrodite cranking so I can get the updates out faster and win a sweet simpoint card to go with my pre-order of Sims 4.  As always thanks for reading and happy simming!






No comments:

Post a Comment