Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Ch. 35 - Camping Trip


Things were lovely at the Temple of Love.  The nursery was filled happy laughter and learning.


My girls were becoming talented ballet dancers.  I loved watching Elena and Eldora as they showed me the new moves they learned in class.

"That was lovely girls!  I can't wait to see you all done up in your costumes at your recital."


And my boys were steadily climbing the ranks in scouts.

"Mom look at the new badge I got for bug catching!"

"Congratulations dear!  You didn't bring any home did you?"  My skin crawled at the thought of him taking up a bug collection.

"Oh no it was a catch and release competition."

Thank the Fates


"I won the fastest swimmer badge mom," Faysa said proudly showing off his badge.

"That's wonderful son!"


I still had the occasional zombie to deal with every now and then on the full moon.  The poor creatures would continue being drawn from the earth as long as Evelyn's black soul was tied to the philosopher's stone.

Every time I dealt with a zombie I was reminded of all the suffering Evelyn had caused and was glad she was burning alive anew each and every day.


On a lighter and happier note I decided to take the children camping at the Hidden Beach.


As soon as the tents were set up the boys whipped out their poles and started fishing.

"Alcander said this was one of the best fishing spots on the island."


In the beginning the catches were quite small.


But the catches did improve as the day went on for the boys.


I offered to take the boys boating but Fasya and Feivel insisted on catching their own dinner so I left them to it.


Eldora and Elen spent the day playing in the ocean and windsurfing.


Sutter decided to join us on our camping trip surprisingly.  I had left him with plenty of fresh hay, a salt lick and a new ball to play with.  He had every thing he needed so I was sure he'd be content while I was away.


"Did you miss me handsome?  Here I know what you want."


I'd mastered gardening a while ago so all my produce was perfect.  Sutter instantly became obsessed with my apples after his first taste.


My unicorn was such a loving creature I was beginning to consider looking for a mate for him.  Having my own little herd of horses was beginning to look appealing.


When the sun set I fired up the pit for supper.


The children were still on the beach listening to Faysa tell a ghost story.

"And the last thing they saw before the darkness gobbled them up was old man Jenkin's skull laughing maniacally from the mantle."


Once the pit was ready I called them to the fire to roast their dinners.


Feivel's fish caught fire over cooking it but he refused to eat anything else.


"It's just a little crispy it's still good.  Charrd fish is actually kinda good...ugh."


It was lights out after dinner and I have to say our little camping adventure was quite fun.  Ahhh camping today and a beach party tomorrow.  Life was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment