Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Ch. 23 - The Future is Bright


I had that horrible dream again about the lizards Calictus keeps as pets getting out and multiplying by the thousands to over run the temple.  Maybe if I send some handsome men the Fates way they will be kind and the boy's fascination with the creatures would soon pass.


Since sleep was playing hard to get I got up early to tend to my kitchen plants.  The garlic and tomato plants were coming along perfectly with all the high quality fish fertilizer I was getting from Alcander.  He was really enjoying the houseboat Wendi got him for their wedding anniversary.

I couldn't wait to give the produce to Alena to use in her spaghetti.  Feeding the twins was becoming a two person job, Alena often double batched meals at the restaurant so I could keep up with their appetites.


The early morning sunlight was struggling to make its way through the clouds by the time I started getting breakfast ready for the children.  It was still so unseasonably cold for the spring time the snow had yet to melt.

 Pancakes made with the apples from the garden were the first order of the day.  I usually made the requested meal of who ever made it down to the kitchen first but Calictus had already asked the previous night.


My lone wolf rarely made it to the kitchen first to ask for any special meals.  Though I dislike his choice of pets he is a tentative pet owner.  Feeding Norman and cleaning his cage is the first thing he does every morning.


Between the twins and Blasius with all his studying and training I spent most of my time in the kitchen when I wasn't tending to the girls.

"Hey mom I've got sports club this afternoon do you mind making a few pizzas for me to take to practice please?"

"Blasius you spend enough time at your sister's house that I know you can use the oven as well as I can," I said with a raised eyebrow.

"True but the pizzas taste infinitely better when made with love by the goddess of love," he replied giving me his father's dashing smile.

"You know I'd curse who gave you your skills in flattery if you hadn't gotten them from me," I laughed giving in to his request.


After whipping up a quick batch of pizza dough I set it aside to rise while the family ate breakfast together.


Blasius read a text message as he and the twins cleared the table. After a quick session of texting he looked over at me to give me a look I knew all to well.

"What do you want?"

He flashed me that dazzling smile again.  "Lee just sent me a text about a pop quiz coming up on Monday.  Do you mind making a few calzones for an emergency cram session tonight for my study group?"

"Fine," I sighed.  "But you've got to watch your siblings while I cook all this food for you."  Feeding Blasius and his friends really wasn't any trouble at all for me they were all good kids.  And I just adored his little girlfriend Lee, she always brought snacks for the younger children when she came to visit.


I headed back to the stove as Blasius went to go give the girls their bottles. 

"Kelly is coming over to play so we'll be in the tree house," Cyrena called out before she ran out with her brother.


Blasius wrote a quick love letter to Lee while the twins play outside and the girls played in the nursery.  It was sweet how the two took the time to write love letters to each other even with their smart phones and laptop computers easily at hand.


The tree house Davin built for the twins was almost a second home to them they played in it so often.  


No matter the weather if they had free time in the tree house is where they spent it.  Kelly was often a regular visitor to the "Squirrel Eaters Fort" as they called it.  A very wolfish name but thankfully I'd never caught them actually eating any squirrels.  Kelly often came by to bring the fish he caught since Alcander was busy taking care of Wendi and their new baby boy Greggory.


It was nice having a place for the children to play on the temple grounds since my hands were too full with the girls and the cooking to visit the park often.  Pranks were pulled from time to time by the children from the safety of their fort but it was a joy to see them having so much fun.  Had Cyrena not been born a werewolf she would have made a perfect fairy with the number pranks she pulled.

"Hey Blasius Lee is here she brought up some cookies to the fort."


"She is?  Hey Lee why didn't you tell me you were coming over?  You know I like making first dibs on the cookies."

*SPLASH!!*


"Ugh!  Cyrena you fuzz ball I'm going to get you for this!"


"Hahahah I got you good!  You get all giddy when Lee is around," Cyrena taunted.

"You won't be laughing so hard when I come up there," Blasius yelled.


"You can't get me, no glitter bugs allowed in the Squirrel Eaters Fort."

Blasius fumed.  Cyrena wasn't a magic user but she had enough power from their mother's blood that he couldn't get into the tree house if she didn't want him to.  "You'll have to come down some time and I'll be waiting when you do."


When Cyrena finally did come down from the tree house the fighting started.  

"Ouch Blasius quit pulling my hair!  I'm telling mom!"


I had to pull them apart when their bickering in the hall woke the girls.


"No more arguing you two apologize and come help out with the girls.  You know the two of you are going to miss each other when Blasius goes off to university you shouldn't be wasting this time fighting."


It was time for magic lessons after the girls morning bottle.  Cyrena and Calictus often enjoyed sitting in on the sessions with the girls.  Neither of them were magic users but their mixed origins provided them with an immunity to harmful magic.


After magic lessons Blasius and I sat down to teach the girls to talk while Cyrena played with Doria.


Teaching the girls ran a little late into the night so for dinner I whipped up a quick sushi dinner with the fresh fish Kelly had brought over.


"If this weather keeps up it looks like prom will be a bit chilly this year," Blasius commented.

"It hasn't been this cold in the spring since Demeter was cross with me.  I'm sure prom will be lovely no matter the weather because you are taking Lee."

 "Yeah," he replied smiling.  "I can't wait until my birthday party.  My friends and I are all looking forward to letting loose after all studying and practice we've put in."


Prom for Blasius and Lee turned out to be a bit chilly but the two had a wonderful time anyway.  The couple was voted prom king and queen by their peers.


Blasius's birthday party at the Pink Flamingo had finally come and my golden boy had never seemed happier.


All the studying and training he had been doing were finally about to pay off as he entered adulthood.



Look how dashing Blasius has become.  He is sure to be all over the sports pages and magazines after university.


Lee also celebrated her birthday and shared the news of her full scholarship to Sims University.

"I got a 2312 out of 2400, see if you can beat that birthday boy!"

"You're on!"


At graduation Blasius was valedictorian and voted most likely to become a superstar athlete.  It looks like Blasius will be following in Monte's foot steps. 


After celebrating his graduation the first thing he did was take the SUAT.  After receiving his score he called Lee to go out on a date. 


"I got a 2315 on the aptitude test.  I beat you by three points Lee," Blasius told her toward the end of their date as the watched the stars.

Lee nodded approvingly.  "Nice fly boy," she replied proudly then grinned wickedly.  "How about we make a little wager.  The first to hit dean's list is treated to hot snacks and tea for a semester by the loser who has to steak through the student union building."

"It's a deal.  I'll even give you some dust so you don't have to worry about tripping when you lose," Blasius replied laughing.  University was going to be a blast!


A Note from Mellowyellow:
Hey fellow sims fans! I know it has been a while since my last post but my game has not been cooperating with me lately.  I've had to poke around with my computer some and since I'm not too computer savvy it took a little while to get every thing in working order again.  The release of Island Paradise didn't help speed things along the way either but being the sims addict that I am I just had to have it.  And don't think I didn't notice the blog has gotten over 3000 views w00t!  I just want to say thanks to all who have taken a look at my pictures and the ramblings I make up to go with them.  Happy simming and smooth running game files all!

2 comments:

  1. I got Island Paradise too! It's certainly one of the best expansion packs, but it won't make an appearance in my legacy until 4th generation. I totally understand your plight! This was another brilliant post and congratulations on your 3000 views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy :) Since my file is running at the moment I've been trying to kick the challenge into high gear before it starts freezing on me again so I have a stock of pictures to keep the blog going even if my game isn't.

      Delete