Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ch. 3- I Dream of Genie


That Alistair witch thought she was so cleaver with her little curse.  In the end she couldn't even figure out it was Georgia that ruined her sick plans.  The sister that she had thought dull and simple had enough sense to have a contingency plan. Lifting her curse would just add more excitement to my vacation and burn her hide wherever she was spending her wretched afterlife.  The mortal world could always use a little more love and having a hundred babies would be a walk in the park. 


On my way out to the Alistair estate I asked the maid to hire a designer to redecorate the house.  Armando had done a wonderful job keeping the temple clean and in order but I needed the place updated to fit my needs.
"I will see to it right away Ms. Divine but are you sure you need a nursery with three cribs?"
"Of course I will," I replied.  "If I'm to break the Alistair curse I'm going to have to birth multiples.  I might need a few extra later on but three should be fine for now."  Armando gaped at me for a moment before nodding.  "I will make sure it is as you ask Ms. Divine."


The Alistair estate could have easily been mistaken for a junk yard if it weren't for the mansion sitting in the middle of all the junk and over growth.


At first the spirits weren't very trusting toward me.  They had quickly faded into the walls of the house once I cleared through the bush.


It took some coaxing but once I made clear my intention to break the curse and set them free I was greeted warmly by them. 


They talked with me about the difficulties their descendants had since Evelyn had cursed them.  If any managed to marry it would always end in some rash decision to divorce during a mid-life crisis.  Any children affected by the divorce would develop commitment issues and never marry or have children.


As a result many of the other spirits had faded entirely from existence.  Only eight of them remained and they feared they would soon meet the same fate.  I took the philosopher's stone into my possession and left with the promise to free the spirits before their bloodlines failed.


When I returned home later that night the remodeling had been completed.  I found a cozy corner for the stone before looking over the architect's work.


The master bedroom was fit for a goddess.


The nursery was adorable. 




And the children's bedrooms were ideal for my future demigods and demigoddesses.


I absolutely loved how the blue of the kitchen and dining room matched the ocean view.  I was going to have to learn how to cook to feed my army of mini-mes. 



Over all I was very pleased with the architect's work.  The glass display case of Poseidon and offering table for me were very appropriate.



I couldn't say much about my first offering though.  It was just a dusty old lamp.  As I tried to shine it up I wished my first offering had been a supernatural hunk to help me get my baby making going. 


As I polished away the last bit of dust from the lamp smoke began pouring from its spout.  When the smoke cleared there was a burly blue beefcake standing before me.  
"I am Octavio Soto, the genie of the lamp.  How may I serve you mistress?"
A grin spread across my face as my gaze slid down his body.  Tomorrow I was going to have Armando send the designer flowers and a fat tip.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love your style of writing!
    Thank you again for following my blog.
    I followed yours:-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being my first follower! I can't wait to see what Beela's baby will look like and if she'll be a werewolf or vampire.

      Delete
  2. The architect did a great job.
    It looks she got her wish for a supernatural hunk. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've played the game for a while but I've only really gotten into building this past year or so. I'm still trying to find that point of a nicely decorated but not overcrowded room.

      Delete