Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Ch. 50 - Out of Place in Outer Space


Jovan rang the temple bell and waited anxiously for an answer.  After all this time his alien mother was still monitoring him from a distance and abducting people.  He wondered if he had other siblings around the globe or on some far off alien world considering what she did to some of her test subjects on that ship of hers.  

The first meeting Jovan had with his biological mother was in college where she'd freaked out his housemates by beaming him right out of the backyard during a keg party.  The visit from his mother hadn't been the cozy hallmark moment he envisioned.  She'd probed him, said his development was satisfactory despite his being raised by humans and made it very clear that if the home planet had need of him she would take him whether he wanted to go or not.

Now she was back threatening life as he knew it just when he'd landed his dream researching job at Surpentine Labs in Sunlit Tides.  After snatching him from his bed in the middle of the night and probing him yet again, she proclaimed him fit for procreation.  

"You are to present yourself for breeding purposes to the being known as Aphrodite," his mother told him dispassionately as she scanned data on the many holo screens.


Jovan's mind had boggled at the order since he couldn't move while on the probing table.  "Who?! What!?  Why would I do something like that?"  Of course Jovan knew who Aphrodite was, she was the most famous supernatural in Sunlit Tides and cured zombies with light blasts from her bare hands.  He just couldn't imagine proposing such a thing to a total stranger even though it was common knowledge that said stranger wanted to have one hundred children.  It just wasn't wise to proposition some one who could set you on fire with a flick of their finger.  

"You will do this or become a specimen of study on the home world.  The human ability to multiply their numbers so quickly is fascinating to our scientists.  We have learned much from you hybrids despite your short life spans and your many emotions but my equipment is very limited on such a small vessel.  I could take you to our home planet for further study with the proper machines,"  Jovan's mother had smiled as he shivered helplessly on the examination table.  "Or I could go back alone on my long long journey through space to make a scientific break through with a small amount of DNA from the offspring you have the with being known as Aphrodite.  Deciphering the genetic material would take so long it would be unlikely for us to ever meet again in your lifetime."

Jovan had then understood why has family had tried so hard to keep his mother away from him when he was growing up.  She was unfeeling and willing to use him as a tool for her own means.  "I will try get her to like me but I can't make her accept me as a father candidate."

"That is all I ask son," the alien had replied before dropping him off at the Temple of Love.


I was busy doing more alien research on the computer when the bell rang.  Since the sun was just starting to rise I thought about letting Bonehilda answer the door to give the visitor a little scare but I decided against it.


I needed a little stretch after spending time on the computer anyway.   As it turned out my visitor was a nervous green young man.

"Good morning your highness..err my lady I...I mean Ms. Goddess," stammered Jovan.  He'd known she was beautiful from her pictures but in person she was just...Wow.

"Please call me Aphrodite.  And you are?"  My alien visitor wasn't what I expected but I found his nervousness a little cute.

"Right" he said nervously.  "My name is Jovan Radford and I couldn't help but notice your collection of space rocks."  

"Jovan would you like to come inside?"  Jovan seemed anxious and kept looking up at the sky.


"You are not the alien who has been abducting people on the island and you're not really interested in my rock collection are you Jovan?" 

Jovan's shoulders slumped in relief.  "Actually I just got a research position at the lab and would love to study some of them but you are right.  I'm not the one abducting people, its my mother."  Jovan then told me about his experience with his mother and what she wanted from him.


He and I discussed the subject well into the afternoon until the children arrived home from school with a few friends.


This is Juanna, Blasius's second daughter of his three girls.  The children love being in the same classes as their nieces and nephews.


After doing homework they enjoyed a nice play date together playing tag and having fun in the tree house.


Genio took care of the unicorns since Gene and Genia were a little leery of my guest.


They had both been abducted a few times by Jovan's mother and wanted to stay near by.  I found the gesture endearing but after hearing about her I planned on taking care of the female alien myself.


"Jovan I very much appreciate your honesty with me today so I am going to be honest with you as well.  I like you and would like to get to know you better.  It would make me very happy if you would consider being one of my father candidates of your own free will.  Though you must know that I have to do something about that mother of yours.  I've no doubt that she would have me on that ship if she could."

"Yeah I thought the same myself.  Since she can't have you as a test subject she's after the next best thing which is your DNA mixed with that of a human's and her alien species.  Listen today has been the longest day of my life and have a lot of thing to think about.  Can I get back to you after I've had a little time to think things through?"

"Of course take all the time you need Jovan."

No comments:

Post a Comment