Monday, November 25, 2013

Ch. 31 - Punishment


Evelyn groggily got to her feet when she came to.  Her eyes momentarily widened in shock when she realized she was flesh and blood once more.  I was still fuming from our earlier encounter.  After all she'd done how dare she barge into my house and threaten me and mine.  

"I see you're awake. Feeling miserable in your new form I hope.  You know I thought you were dead and gone but you were actually stupid enough to reveal your black little spirit to me."


"You," she sneered.  "Where am I?"

"Oh just a dark little corner I send those suicidal enough to annoy me," I replied.


Evelyn's sneer turned smirk.  "You can't hold me here now that I've got my body back."  She waved both her hands at me then stared in shock as nothing happened.


"You have no power here Evelyn Alistair and you will pay dearly for all that you have done.  I've made you whole so that you will suffer in your punishment.  You should have never gone after my family."


Evelyn's face was a mask of fear and pain as the flames erupted beneath her feet.  


"Ah there's nothing like the smell of an evil roasted witch."


With a snap of my fingers the flames extinguished and a panicked Evelyn began begging for her release.

"Please please let me go I'll do anything you want I swear!" Evelyn cried.

"Its far to late for that Alistair plus you are doing exactly what I want.  Burning in a deep dark hole with nothing but your screams for company until I break the philosopher's stone."   


"Well it has been nice torching you and all but I've got an appointment at the salon to keep and date this afternoon.  Do stay warm dear ta-ta."


At the salon I got a mud bath and salt scrub to rub Evelyn's stink off of me before meeting Corey at the theater for our date.  Spending the afternoon with such an adventurous spirit was very refreshing after handing down divine punishment.  

Corey was in Sunlit Tides taking a little break from adventuring.  His exploration of some underwater tunnels in Egypt had not ended will for him.  The man deserved to relax and have a good time and I intended to make sure he did just that with me of course.


Cyrena and Calictus soon graduated after their birthday.  They both received the most popular award.  Cyrena for all the pranks she pulled and Calictus for his stoic attitude through his teen years.  The two moved out and went traveling with Davin to visit other werewolf packs on the mainland.  


Upon their return Cyrena surprisingly started a career in education.  As an adult she has become very family-oriented and hopes to have a large family of her own some day.


Calictus joined the military hoping to achieve his goal of having the perfect mind and body.  He and his beloved Penelope have also become engaged.


The two of them still come by the house to spend time with the girls.


The extra babysitting is much appreciated by the triplets.


Final exams are coming up so they have been spending time improving their skills by making good use of the drafting tables their father Trenton bought them.


Diantha clearly has the makings of becoming a mad scientist one day.  Lately she and the girls have been trying to make a cold weather bikini.

"I think we should stop for the day Diantha," said Dasia as she thawed out her sister for the third time.  "My blow dryer is starting to over heat."


"Okay," Diantha chattered.  "After today's failed experiment I'm almost positive synthesizing fabric from flame fruit would solve the dramatic loss of body heat problem."  


"Let's get you inside sis.  I'll light up the fire place."



"Ugh guys can you bring some more fire wood in?  I'm still freezing."


"Forget the fire Dia I've got the hot tub going," Doria called.

The girls weren't the only ones enjoying a refreshing steam during the crisp early spring weather.


I was up on the mountain with Corey enjoying the sauna going down my list to ensure a productive reproductive night.

1. Relax with hydrotherapy: Check.


2. Inquire about previous adventures: Check.


3. Shiver to invite physical contact: Check.


4. Lean in for a kiss and let the magic begin: Check and check.

No comments:

Post a Comment