Saturday, April 27, 2013

Ch. 19 - Spooky Day Surprise


I was grilling salmon for dinner when a wave of nausea overwhelmed me.


There would soon be another little demigod or demigoddess in the temple's nursery.


The nausea I was having with this pregnancy was much stronger than what I experienced with the others.  A quick trip to the spa for some acupuncture remedied my discomfort.  On the way home I stopped by the book store for a few new recipes when a magazine  advertising "Spooky Day Fun!" with costumed children on its cover caught my eye.

I read about Spooky Day, a holiday celebrated in the fall season.  During this the time of year people donned costumes for a day and children trick-or-treated from door to door for sweet treats.


A list of all the activities at the fall festival were also in the magazine.  They all sounded delightful so I decided to take the children there for a day fun and games.  We saw a few familiar specters in the haunted house when we passed through to earn festival tickets.  The ghosts were delighted by the news that I was expecting and that the philosopher's stone hold on them would grow weaker still.


After the festival we returned home to throw a costume party.  The children all put on their costumes and decorated for the party while I sent out the invitations.

Cyrena was a burglar.


Calictus was a handsome super hero.


Blasius dressed as a rock and roll super star.


While at the festival I picked some pumpkins to crave jack-o-lanterns.  Calictus was a little apprehensive about participating with so many guests showing up but he soon got into the spirit of it.



It didn't take long before he was completely engrossed in the activity.  His father's sculpting trait was clearly showing.



Alesia managed to stop by for a bit even though she was due any day now.  

"Hello in there little one!  Are you going to be a musician like mommy and daddy?"



Spooky day fell on a full moon this year so of course there were werewolf transformations.




"Dad you you think I'll get double the candy as a werewolf burglar?"

"Haha I don't know Cyrena go get your candy bucket and we'll find out."


"Uhg dad what do you do about shedding.  I'm shedding like crazy in this costume."

"Just roll around in the yard a few times and you should be able to shake most of it off son."

After a quick roll around the yard Davin took the twins trick-or-treating through the neighborhood.


Trenton came to the party later after work, he looked delicious as a five star chef.  He was surprised to see how big I'd gotten in such a short time.  If that potion I had taken worked I'd soon have a full nursery.


Alena also came by after her last shift at the bistro.  She'd put off taking maternity leave until the other chefs nearly banned her from the kitchen.  Her baby bump was getting to be a nuisance after she accidentally knocked over three stacks of fine china.


"Look at you mom!  At this rate we may just have to carpool to the hospital together," said she rubbing my belly.  "Hey do you still have my old stuffed genie bear?  I'd like to have it for the nursery at home."

"Of course I do.  It's still in the nursery lets go upstairs to get it."


As I was getting the bear from the shelf Alena cried out in pain.  I turned to see her huffing and gripping her belly.

"Oh my the baby is coming!  We've got to get you to the hospital.  Lets get to the car and call your husband."



The sight of Alena and I both very pregnant and Alena breathing through contractions seemed to send one of the medical staff into a panic when we got to the hospital.

Just as Alena was getting checked in Alesia called to tell me she was in the hospital.  They had rooms across the hall from each other so I spent their labors waddling back and forth across the hall offering comfort to both the girls.


Armondo arrived just in time to see the birth of his two little girls Tera and Annemarie.  Alesia and JC welcomed a baby boy they named Dorian to their family.

After the births of my three newest grandchildren I returned home late the next morning to get the genie bears from the nursery.   


I had not taken more than three steps into the room when I began having extremely intense labor pains.  


The triplets did not waste any time making their grand entrance into the world.  Trenton had given me three lovely little girls Dasia, Diantha and Doria.  Little Doria looked like me while her sisters Diantha and Dasia took after their father.

After placing the girls in their cribs I called Trenton over to see the girls.  He arrived with a trunk full of designer baby clothes and diapers and spent hours cooing and cuddling over the triplets.


The twins were over the moon about their three new little sisters.  Trenton had even made the two ribbons that said "Big Brother" and "Big Sister".  

I sent Blasius a picture text of the girls since he was on a group outing to the public pool with friends.  He came home later in the evening in high spirits.  Since it was prom season I assumed he had gotten himself a date.  As he practiced his dance moves in the dining room it was obvious Alcander had been giving him dance lessons.


With prom on the way graduation wasn't far behind so Blasius began to really buckle down with his studying and improving his skills.  Blasius wanted to attend Sims University to major in physical education so he spent long hours working out on the weekends.


Since I manifested with the perfect form exercising was more of a pass time hobby than a serious activity for me so when Blasius came to me for pointers I directed him to his father.

"Mom says that I should ask you for advise on how to improve my athletic skill."

"I did have to master it to become a sports legend after all," Monte replied.



"So you don't mind giving me a few pointers?" Balsius asked.  He knew his dad was a big deal with the sports team and they had a busy season ahead of them so if he could get a few pointers from a pro he'd count himself well ahead of the game.

"Pointers?  No son we need to kick start your training today so you'll be in prime condition for when you take your aptitude test."

Blasius couldn't believe his ears.  "You are going to personally train me?"


"Are you kidding?" Monte exclaimed.  "My boy is going to be joining the pro sports career like his old man, of course I'm training you.  Lets go get changed and start pumping some iron."

"Alright!" 


The two of them working out together look so handsome!  I'm so proud of Blasius I just know he'll ace his finals and do phenomenal on his aptitude test.  Its time I throw him his party at the Pink Flamingo because he has more than earned it.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, so many posts in less than a week! It's really nice to have some more babies involved, and triplets at that! I love the names, especially Doria. I can't wait to see what they're like when they're older. I always find that the toddler birthday is one of the most exciting! Great post (as always).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy. I've been playing my 100 baby file a lot lately, I'm trying to earn the exercise in fertility and head of the family badges on TS3 site.

      Delete
  2. Wow, so many births on Spooky Day!
    The kids looked really cute in their costumes. I loved Cyrena and Calictus transforming together.

    ReplyDelete