Monday, March 25, 2013

Ch. 14 - Girls Day Out


Dinner with Octavio and the boys hadn't gone nearly as bad as I thought it would.  Octavio only wound up banishing an annoying paparazzi and after tossing all my potions at him he only implied he'd ensorcel JC and Armondo to clean up the theater floors after his shows with their tongues for all eternity if they hurt the girls before giving them his blessing.

On a lighter note the pumpkin pie at the restaurant was to die for! I tried to make one at home for Alcander and Wendi since she was feeling under the weather with the baby but again that twice cursed oven burnt my food.  I cast a spell on it to be sure that I never lost another dish to the chrome contraption again.


I made pancakes to make sure the upgrade spell took.  Alena was going to be moving out soon and I couldn't keep depending on her to whip up those fantastic meals on the temperamental machine.


The spell took and my pancakes were outstanding.  I called everyone to breakfast. Alesia hadn't been very talkative after getting a text from JC who had gone abroad to study fine arts at her father's suggestion.

At dinner Octavio had asked all the usual questions a father asked of someone looking to take his daughter's hand in marriage.  Why do you feel she's the one for you? Do you love her?  How is your relationship with your parents? How do you plan on supporting her?

The answers they provided were satisfactory until JC told Octavio that his plans for financial stability relied heavily on his family's wealth.  Octavio had then told JC that only a man capable of making his own wealth was worthy of his daughter.  

"Alesia is the daughter of a goddess and a genie but she works tirelessly to make her own way in this world.  I will not accept a man who does not do the same for himself simply because he was born into wealth as her husband," Octavio had said to JC who had taken his words to heart.  After dinner he had taken a university aptitude test and scored a full scholarship to the University of Fine Arts in Monte Vista.  He was already on the plane when he sent Alesia a text message about his plans.


"I know dad's intentions were in the right place but I still think it was harsh of him to put that kind of pressure on JC like that.  And did he even think about how it would effect Alesia?" Alena ranted at the table after the Blasius and the twins had gone to school.  "Armondo and I had planned on taking things slow so he had time to move up the ladder at work but JC and Alesia could have been married right after Wendi and Alcander."

"It's okay Alena.  JC was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and really didn't have a lot of ambition of his own.  I talked to him last night and I've never heard him sound so excited about doing anything he couldn't just buy.  I'm really happy for him so I can wait, besides I've got to work on my music anyway," Alesia replied.

"But Alesia you were so jazzed about being proposed to and planning a wedding and now JC is half way around the world because dad basically called him a spoiled rich kid."

"Alena don't be so critical of your father," I admonished.  "He only wants what is best for all of you.  Everything will be fine believe me, I'm the goddess of love after all."


After breakfast Bonehilda cleaned up the kitchen while the girls helped me out with the garden.  I'd used up almost all of my alchemy ingredients preparing for dinner with Octavio and the boys and I needed to restock.


None of us really had any plans so we spent the day in the garden chatting.  Alesia was taking JC absence well on the outside and was truly happy to see him pursue his degree but I knew on the inside she was disappointed to have put her engagement and wedding plans on hold.

"All that working out you've been doing has really been paying off Alesia.  You're going to look amazing in all your stage outfits when you go on tour."

"That's what I'm hopping for. I almost have to be sewn into some of the costumes the designers have come up with.  I also want my wedding dress to be a perfect fit when I finally get to wear it."


"Oh I know what you mean about the costumes.  Trenton took me to an acrobatics show last weekend and let me just say had I not been on a date already I would have gladly showed those flexible hunks a thing or two," I said.  

"Mom!" both Alena and Alesia exclaimed.

"Come on now girls we're all grown goddesses here.  I came to the mortal world to sow my wild oats and lift a curse while I'm at it.  Your other ninety-four siblings are not going to be delivered to my door step by stork now are they?"  Trenton had agreed to help me in my quest to have one hundred children.  As soon as the girls were moved out of the house we'd try for a little one of our own.


"Time for a change of subject," Alena laughed.  "There's no question about Alesia and I being each others maid of honor.  I say we wear have the same dress, different color."

"I like that idea Alena, I think it will be super cute," Alesia replied.  "Have you decided what you're going to wear as mother of the brides yet mom?"


"Yes, Trenton and I have been working on this pink ensemble that just projects goddess, mother, and lover without being over powering."  Playing muse to Trenton's fashion inspirations was turning out to be great fun and convenient for all the wedding plans.  He was already preparing a children's clothing line for our little one when we got around to it.  


Since JC was away at university Alesia dove head first into her music.  She had started recording an album and recently finished a commercial promoting it.

"At times it did get a little tedious recording the same scene over and over again but the end result was so worth it," Alesia said as she proudly played the commercial from her smart phone.  "I hope it gets positive results."

"Are you kidding Alesia?  You look and sound amazing, you're going to go platinum in no time sis."


The twins first day at school had gone well.  Calictus had even met a friend and gone home with her for a play date with her.  Her name was Penelope and even though Calictus was a loner he really enjoyed spending time with her.


"Just you getting off the school bus Cyrena?" Alena asked.  "Did Calictus sign up for an after school activity?"

"No, he met a friend at school and went to hang out with her.  I met friends too but you're cooking tri-tip steak for dinner tonight and I'm not missing out on that.  If he misses curfew can I have his plate?"  Cyrena saw the goofy grin on her twin's face as he followed Penelope around the park like a puppy and hoped he'd loose track of time.  Alena's steaks were the best so there were never any leftover for second helpings.

"No but how about I make a double batch tonight since you and Calitus love them so much?"

"Yes!  And can you make mine really rare please?" Cyrena clapped excitedly.


Blasius's high school had held a pep rally and been visited by the Sims University's llama mascot who handed out freebies and information about the different degrees offered at the university to the students.


Blasius liked what he read in the pamphlets and decided he'd buckled down in his studies to prepare for the S.U.A.T when graduation time came around.


Calictus came home in time for dinner to enjoy his rare steaks with the rest of the family.  He also announced his intention to sign up for the dance program after school.

"Penelope told me today that she really has fun in it but they don't get to do half of the really exciting dances because they don't have enough boys to partner with the girls," Calictus had said around a mouth full of meat.  "As long as I get to be her partner I don't really mind the group that much."

My little werewolf boy was in puppy love, how adorably sweet!

"So how was it at Penelope's house?  Did you two play tea party together?"  Cyrena teased as the two did homework after dinner.

"No, she has a costume chest and we played dinosaur.  We hunted down a triceratops and ate its meat for sustenance.  I'm going to ask her over tomorrow to play world adventures in the tree house.  You want to play too?"

"Yeah I'll see if I can invite a friend over."


As the months went by the girls began to seriously prepare for marriage.  Armondo was quickly moving up the ranks at the corporate office and final exams were fast approaching for JC.  We booked an appointment at Trenton's new salon and spent a day finding the girls dresses.

Alesia chose a glamorous mermaid gown that would look fabulous on her as she took her vows and sang later for the guest at the reception.


The dress Alena chose was classically elegant and looked so amazing on her that everyone cried when she stepped out of the dressing room to show off the gown.


The bridesmaid dresses the girls chose were fun and flirty and looked fantastic on Alesia in purple.


And on Alena in blue.  The day was soon coming when my girls would be women joining their lives with their men and moving on to  their own homes to start families.  The thought had me nearly blubbering again so I had Trenton bring out my dress and do up my hair so my inner diva could shine and take joy in the day of fun and fashion with the two young demigoddesses I had birthed and raised.


And don't I just look phenomenal.  I'm going to have to remember to bring shades to the ceremony for all the guests because my girls and I are going to blind them with our combined dazzle.


"I'm going to be a grandmother any day now and no one can say this soon to be G-mama doesn't have it going on!"

Alesia threw back her head and laughed.  "No mom, they surely can not."

***Bonus Pic***


This shot was too funny not to share, it was like a scene out of the movie Bridesmaids lol.

A note from Mellowyellow:
As any Sims 3 fan knows University Life came out this month so when my new computer came I went out and snapped up a copy of it for my collection.  University was my favorite of the Sims 2 expansions so when I got UL for Sims 3 I just had to make a new sim for it.


Her name is Alexis Piper and I've really been enjoying UL with her and a few of my other sims.  She's part of the reason my postings have slowed down a bit.  Another reason is the legacy family I started in Monte Vista with Alena as one of the founders.  I created a photobucket story for them, the link to it is under my links list.  Now that the newness of the UL expansion has worn off some I plan on jumping back into the baby challenge game.  To be honest I'm not ready to let go of my first batch of kids but Aphrodite made a promise the free the spirits and I've got to help her keep her word.  Any how its time I stopped rambling and get to it, as always thanks for reading and happy simming!




2 comments:

  1. Well, Octavio at least didn't banish JD and Armando, lol. I'm looking forward to the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the game he really did banish on of the of the paparazzi he just kept booing Octavio and they got into a fight. I was trying to get JC to show up for shots of everyone at the bistro when he got into it with the camera man again and banished him lol. I had to cancel the dinner date shots because I couldn't find JC in town.

      Delete