Friday, March 1, 2013

Ch. 13 - New Beginnings


Tragedy visited the temple just days before the celebrations when Rin passed on to the afterlife.  I found her in the early morning hours when I woke to check on the philosopher's stone and turn on the stereo for her.


We had a small burial at the pet cemetery for her later that morning.  At Alesia's suggestion the rest of the day was spent at a children's concert at the theater.  The happy music and colorful characters brought a welcomed lift of spirits, especially for Alesia.  She had taught Rin to sing and the bird was always the first to hear her new songs.  I don't think anyone was sadder about her passing than Alesia.


Spirits soon brightened again after Rin's passing.  Blasius and the twins birthday parties were coming up, Alcander's wedding was right around the corner, and Wendy was having a baby!  It was all anyone could talk about when we first heard the news.

Alena was so excited about aunthood that she started writing up baby food recipes.  When Armondo's career took off I was sure the two could start up a business of their own selling baby food.  If all went well I was sure to have this island in a baby-boom like it had never seen before.  

"With the produce from mom's garden I could whip you up all the organic baby food you'll need," Alena said enthusiastically over breakfast before she started listing the ingredients of the meals she'd already come up with.

"That sounds wonderful Alena I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks for breakfast it was delicious as always.  I've got to go throw up now," Wendi gushed before dashing to the nearest bathroom.



Poor Wendi was so nauseous she was unable to help me with the twins when the full moon came around again.  Alesia voluteered to help instead but seemed distracted as we played with the twins.


"You look like you've got something on your mind Alesia.  Do you want to talk about it?"  I asked.

"Well it's about the dinner date JC and Armondo are taking you and dad on.  JC and I have gotten pretty serious over the years and I'm positive I know why the guys want to speak with just the two of you over dinner at a classy restaurant," Alesia said smiling knowingly.  JC was going to propose to her!  Every time he'd asked her on a date she'd wondered if it would be the date he popped the question.  She was beginning to get discouraged until she found out from Alena that he and Armondo wanted to ask their parents permission first.  Alesia thought that it was so old fashioned of them but Alena reminded her that JC and Armondo were mortals and their mother was a goddess and their father was a genie.  "I think showing some courtesy to beings that could wipe your existence from the earth with a snap of their fingers is just good manners as well as self preservation" her sister had said as they shared a tub of ice cream.


"I'm worried dad will freak out on the two of them since I know in his eyes we're still young kids.  I saw the looks he was giving Armondo when he showed up late to our birthday party."

"I'm already ahead of you there sweetheart.  I've been brewing up plenty of friendship elixirs just for this occasion.  Don't worry I think JC and Armondo are wonderful young men and I'll make sure your father doesn't banish them for wanting to marry his little girls."

"Thanks mom I knew you'd understand," Alesia replied relived her mother would have things under control for what was sure to be an awkward dinner for her sweetie.




Even after our talk and reassurance from the goddess of love herself Alesia still seemed worried so I sent her off to find something relaxing to do while I watched the twins.  Davin called while out hunting with the pack to check up on Cyrena and Calictus.


"No, no Davin you and the pack go and enjoy your hunt tonight," I told him remembering the last time the pack came for a visit.  "The twins are fine and I've just replaced my two imported couches that got ruined the last time the pack came by.  They've been playing quietly all night the full moon doesn't seem to have an effect on them this cycle."


As it turned out I'd spoken too soon about the twins and the moon.


It hadn't been twenty minutes since I'd spoken to Davin when they started growling and howling loudly.


"No, no!  Cyrena and Calictus do not tear up the area rug."


When they stopped and looked at me I felt pretty proud of myself for having a good handle on a couple of werewolf toddlers.  Then they launched themselves at me from all fours.

"No, no not mommy's new leather sandals Cyrena.  Take those out of your mouth.  Calictus don't pull off your shorts, wait no we do not do that on the curtains young man!"


When they went back to destroying the rug again I snuck out of the room to call their father.

"Davin I need you to get here right now and bring a box of puppy mats with you."


After a very eventful full moon we spent the following day at the Hideaway for Blasius and the twins' birthday party.


"Happy birthday Champ.  For your birthday I got you your very own booth at the stadium with fairy bungalow already included."

"Wow dad thanks!"


First up to blow out his candles was Blasius.  Having a teenage fairy and two werewolves in the temple was sure to be an experience.


Good-bye my adorable sweet fairy boy.


Hello my sure to be rambunctious teenager.  He has an athlete's build just like his father Monte.


Next to age up was my little Cyrena.  She is so excited about becoming a big girl.


Perfection.  I just adore the fact that she kept the pigtails.  She reminds me of what I would look like had I been a child.


Finally was Calictus' turn to blow out the birthday candles.  He was such a handful last night I was sure he'd grow up to lead the pack just like his father.


Just look at my little wolf man the spitting image of his father.  Speaking of his father Davin was running a bit late.  I know he wanted the tree house for the twins to be a surprise but they would be devastated if he missed their party.


"Hey mom just so there's not another repeat of a crazy teen party at the temple without your permission can I throw a party at the Pink Flamingo next weekend?"

"Blasius you have not been a teenager twelve hours yet and you are already asking for a party that large?  I'll agree to a small one and by small I mean a fairy house party.  We're still cleaning up after the twins and you're brother's wedding is coming up.  A big party for you and your friends will have to wait."

I had just finished hashing out the conditions with Monte for Blasius to have the big party he wanted when Davin showed up.


"Hey, dad wow you're still transformed! Did you just get back from hunting?  Can we go with you next time?  I want to catch a snake or a lizard or maybe a bunch of bugs!"  Calictus shouted excitedly.

"I'm going to find gems and collect beautiful butterflies," Cyrena chimed in.

"Whoa whoa my little birthday pups I'm all for you two going on a hunt if it's okay with your mother."


Calictus and Cyrena rushed around their father to shower me with a barrage of pleading questions.

"Mama can we go hunting with dad and the pack please please?"  

"Can we go?  Come on mama we'll be good and bring back fish for dinner."

 "Please please can we go?  I'll let you pick your favorites from my gem collection when I start one."


"Calm down you two or you'll force a change before the next full moon," I told them.


"I'm all for you two going hunting with your father next full moon and every single one after that.  Last night was an experience I don't care to relive again."


The party started winding down once the three birthday cakes were no more. It was time to turn in for the night to get plenty of beauty rest for Alcander and Wendi's big day.

"Happy birthday and good night Cyrena.  I hope you and your brother enjoy your present."


"Happy birthday and good night Calictus.  Don't mark your territory inside the house son."


The next morning was the wedding day and the big park reveal.  My son was getting married and having a baby!  I could feel the nerves coming off him in waves as we waited for the bride to come down the isle.


The waves of tension flowing from Alcander instantly turned to waves of love as Wendi made her way to him.


The pair looked stunning under the wedding arch with the background filled with the brightly colored flowers.  I wiped tears of joy from my eyes as I stood to begin the ceremony.


"Family and friends we are gathered here on this glorious day to witness the joining of Alcander Divine and Wendi Kidd.  The couple have written their own vows to one another.  Anyone who objects to this union will shut their mouths or deal with me then what's left of you will answer to the groom's father."

"Mother!" Alena whispered under her breath to me.  Had Alcander not been lost in Wendi's loving eyes he may have chimed in as well but Alena was exasperated enough for the both of them.

"Sorry everyone, over emotional mother here.  Wendi you may begin," I said before taking my seat.  "I meant every word of it," I whispered to Alena who smiled and squeezed my hand.


"Alcander when we first met in that art class I was required to take as an elective I couldn't stand you.  I thought the class was a silly waste of my time and you, as the teacher's aid had been by far the silliest thing about it.  My plan to skate by with an average score and move to the next subject changed when you pushed me to add more passion and fun to my work even if painting unicorns in lab coats looked silly.  You have brought so much fun and laughter to my life and I love you with all that I am Alcander.  I am honored to be the woman to become your wife."


"Wow Wendi that first part kind of stung a little.  Luckily a true artist is willing to suffer for his art and every day with you is a master piece in the making.  I fell in love with you the first day I saw you in the library huddled up with a stack of books.  You didn't notice me then or any other time because you were always nose deep in some science or math book.  Then one day the gods smiled down on me literally.  Alesia yelled that you were at our door as a gag and I tripped on a rug trying to answer. My mom smiled down at me as I laid on the floor feeling like an idiot and said "Looks like someone has a crush."  And when the new semester started you were in the same art class with me and I just had to make sure you noticed me.  My first master piece was a portrait of you my Starlit Beauty.  Without you Wendi my life would be a blank canvas.  Words alone cannot explain how I feel about you so from this day on I will spend the rest of my life showing you with my art and with my actions how much you mean to me."


There was not a dye eye on the pavilion after the couple's heartfelt vows to one another.  Everyone in attendance stood and applauded as Alcander and Wendi Divine shared their first kiss as husband and wife.


Rice and well wishes were rained down on the couple as they made their way down the isle together.


Just look how happy Wendi and Alcander are together.  Such a lovely couple, my little grandbaby is going to be gorgeous!


Alena did a fantastic job with the wedding cake.  It was so elegant just like the bride, the groom, and their respective mothers.


I got a tour of the house Alcander and Wendi bought before the wedding when the happy couple returned from their honeymoon.


"Well mom here it is, home sweet home," Alcander announced proudly.

"Alcander it's beautiful and really suits both of your styles and tastes.  I can see why you chose it for your family."



The home was a two story two bedroom with a pool and sauna.


Wendi was getting nauseous from the baby again so she sat down to  watch some TV while Alcander gave me the grand tour.


The entire home was clean, cozy, and functional.


It just melted my heart to see all the baby furniture already out and waiting for their little bundle of joy.


The baby's room was adorable with the changing table, crib, and a big kid bed to grow into.


The master was an adult retreat with work areas for both Wendi and Alcander.


They had offered the use of the steam room to me but regrettably I had to decline.  I had to head home to get ready for a date with three handsome hunks at the newly remodeled bistro.  Octavio promised not to give the boys a hard time during dinner.  I stuck plenty of elixirs in my purse just in case he needed help keeping his word once the boys stated their intentions toward our daughters.
















8 comments:

  1. I love it great post. i Love the beautiful floral wedding it was amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariliahn :) The park was one of my first community builds and I was worried it wouldn't fit in well with Sunlit Tides but it's just perfect by the beach.

      Delete
  2. the wedding was stunning! You are great at building houses and lots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bianca:) The house Wendi and Alcander moved into was a home that came with the town but I have a similar build that I plan on putting up on my Sims 3 Real Estate & Creations page soon. I also really enjoy the landscaping you do for your builds.

      Delete
  3. This is one of my favourite legacies ever! It's just so different from others I've read. I hope that, one day, mine can be as cool as your's, even though I've only just started! http://thebirdlegacy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzy you've no idea the huge grin your comment just put on my face, thank you so much! It makes me happy to know that you're enjoying my little story. I will be checking up on your legacy, glad to see you've got your story going :)

      Delete