Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ch. 9- When the Goddess is Away...



The cracks in the philosopher's stone increased dramatically after I gave birth to the twins.  The ghosts were delighted to hear about their birth and sent over a gift for the entire family.

I was absolutely shocked when the most hideous coffin done up in bone and pastels was delivered to my door.  The only thing uglier than the coffin was what it housed inside of it.

Bonehilda the skeleton maid was a fright to behold.  The ghosts had heard about the recent zombie attacks on the temple and hoped she would offer some extra protection and help with the children.  The poor undead darlings meant well but Bonehilda was an absolute horror.  It was going to take some serious work to make her presentable.  It was going to have to be a challenge I handled at a later time as the twins needed so much attention.

Little Cyrena and Calictus both had their father’s glowing blue eyes.  With a couple of little werewolves in the house I made sure the insurance was up to date.   Scratching and chewing the furniture seemed to be a habit werewolves never grew out of so I knew I would be replacing furniture on a regular basis.

The triplets were amazing with the twins and took every opportunity to spend time playing with and tending to them.  Alcander, Alesia, and Alena would soon be young adults moving on into their own homes.  They wanted to establish a strong relationship with their newest siblings before they moved on.

“I’m going to really miss this,” Alcander said lifting Calictus into the air.

“I don’t think Wendi will let you miss out on it for too long,” Alena replied.

A faint purple blush bloomed over Alcander’s cheeks.  “We’ve got careers to focus on before we can think about that Alena.”

“True,” Alena agreed as she lifted Cyrena over her head.  She’d nearly mastered cooking and had almost saved enough money to buy the professional chef’s knife set she wanted.  With the set and her skill she could work at any restaurant on the island and fast track her way to the top of her career.  “Have you found the gem stone you want for Wendi’s ring yet?”

“No the guys and I are still searching.  Davin and some of his pack did offer to help out with the search.  With their help I’m sure we’ll find it by graduation.”

Later that night after the twins were asleep I got a call from one of the ghosts.  One of them was in danger of fading because a descendant having a mid-life crisis was heading for a divorce that would end the family blood line.

“What do you mean he wants to leave his wife?” I yelled into the phone.  “I set them up myself I know for a fact that she is madly in love with him and has been for years.  Just keep him from leaving I’m on my way.”

“These mid-life crisis phases are a curse all on their own,” I grumbled to myself as I mixed up the elixirs to go save a perfectly good marriage.  Just because the man had put on a little weight he wanted to run off and get a divorce.  He needed a treadmill not separation from his lovely wife who was the key to ending his commitment issues.  With the stone weakening if this couple stayed together the curse would have no affect on their children.

I made a bottle of friendship, lean and mean, and procreation before heading out.  This couple was going to make up and start a family.  I wouldn't be leaving their house until it was done.  I felt the triplets were of an age they could manage themselves and the temple while I was away for a day or two.

Unfortunately it was not the case as Alcander decided to throw a teen party as soon as he found out I would be out of the house for a few days.

“Pool party, my house at 5pm.  Swimsuits are mandatory by order of Alcander, the god of teen parties.  Spread the word.”

“Thanks for thinking to bring pizza Wendi,” Alcander told his girlfriend gratefully. 

Alena had made a ton of food but it didn’t last long against the teenage horde that had shown up to attend the party.  Alesia had summoned food until her power ran out and it still wasn’t enough.  The party guests started getting rowdy when the food ran out. Alcander was afraid they would wake up the twins and start trashing the temple until his beautiful angel Wendi showed up with a stack of pizza boxes.

“No problem.  Next time don’t underestimate the appetite of a crowd of hungry teenagers when you throw a party like this.  Everyone grows a second stomach when the words free and food are put together.”

The party continued on late into the night after everyone had recharged on the pizza Wendi brought.

So late into the night on a weekday that the neighbors noticed.  Parties at the temple were a given but on week nights parties ended at 10 pm.  It was well past 2 in the morning when the neighbors notified the authorities.

 The police were called and the teen party was ended.  Alcander was not at all pleased that I would be called by the police and informed of his activities.

The studio was as dark as Alcander’s mood when I found him.  That was just fine because I was furious with him.
“You must have lost your senses Alcander!  How could you do something so careless?  I trust Blasius, the twins, and the temple to your care and you throw a wild party on a school night!”
“I had Bonehilda upstairs watching over Blasius and the twins to make sure everyone stayed down stairs.  You make party planning look so easy that I thought if I got the kids taken care of and made some party food every thing would be fine.”

“I really underestimated how many people would show up, we made too much noise, and I shouldn’t have thrown the party in the first place.  I took advantage of your trust and I’ll take what ever punishment you want to give me, plus any that’s going Alesia and Alena’s way.  I’m really sorry mom this was all my idea please don’t come down on the girls for it,” Alcander pleaded.


“Alright Alcander because you’ve always done so well in school and this is your first offence I won’t come down hard on the girls.  I want you to call your father and tell him what you did, you’ll take any punishment he decides to give you.  You can also forget going to the game at the stadium this weekend and no Wendi or broom riding for the next two weeks.”

Alcander’s shoulders slumped after hearing his punishment but he nodded in acceptance.

“Give me a hug you silly boy.  If you wanted to throw a party you should have just said so.  I could have gotten you exclusive access to any venue you wanted for a day.”

Alcander’s shoulders slumped again but the room brightened as his mood lifted.  “I wish I would have thought to ask you to do that sooner.” 

“It’s a bit late for that,” I said good naturedly.  “Tell me about how your broom riding is going it has been ages since I last saw you and Alena ride.”

After Alcander told me about all the new tricks he learned that I was sure were devised for the sole purpose of breaking limbs.  I took a quick soak in the hot tub to relax a little before I went to go find Alena and Alesia.

I found Alesia in the hall and instructed her to go get her sister so I could have a talk with them both.  The look on her face stated clearly that she expected a thorough dressing down and more for the party last night.

“The three of you took advantage of my trust last night by having that party without permission.  I’m both shocked and disappointed by your behavior.  Alcander asked me to go easy on you two because the party was his idea but all three of you went through with it.  The three of you will clean the temple from top to bottom, come straight home after school, and no boyfriends or girlfriends for the next two weeks.”

 “We’re sorry mom,” the girls said in unison.  A good nights rest had rejuvenated Alesia’s power so she was able to get started on the chores.

The twins started crying so Alena left to tend to them while Alesia stood with her head down looking distraught about their rightly deserved punishment.

“Is there some thing wrong Alesia?” I asked.

“I’m going to miss the concert this weekend.  I was really looking forward to going but I’m almost an adult and I have to take my lumps when I’ve earned them.”

“Just look on the bright side Alesia, when you go on tour with your father you’ll get to see them every night they perform.  Octavio told me that they signed on to tour with him.”

“Are you serious?” she asked me and I nodded.  Alesia smiled brightly.  “That’s so awesome.  I’m really sorry about the party mom.  I’m going to go clean Rin’s cage now.”

Octavio was furious with Alcander when he learned of the party.  He spent a long time on the phone lecturing him about how big of a mistake it was for him to go behind my back to throw that party. 

By the time Alcander got off the phone with his father he apologized again.  He told me talking with his father made him realize that I don’t throw parties for just the purpose of having fun.  Octavio explained to him that my parties were helping crack the shell of loneliness the Alistair witch’s curse had formed around Cornucopia’s people.

To make up for his mistake Alcander offered to plan the twins birthday party.  The party was held on the night of the full moon with Davin and the pack in attendance. 

Blasius had a blast entertaining all of our furry guest with his fairy antics.

Davin gave the twins high chairs he carved and painted himself as birthday gifts.  Cyrena and Calictus were instant fans of their father’s handy work.  The chairs gave them their own eating area while allowing them to still be apart of the group eating at the dinning table.

“Cyrena really took after you,” Davin commented as he helped with the after party clean up.

“And Calictus must look just like you did when you were that age.  You did a wonderful job on the high chairs by the way.  The craftsmanship really shows how hard you worked on them.”

We made plans to picnic in the park with the twins as we finished the cleaning.  Blasius would be going to the arboretum with Monte and the triplets had finals to prepare for. 

Balsius headed up stairs alone to prepare for bed while Alcander and Alena put the twins to bed.  The light of the full moon energized him but past experiences with the zombies made him jumpy. 

Every dark spot in his room had to be investigated before he could turn in to sleep for the night.  On this night strange noises drew Balsius’ attention as he went toward the dresser to change.

Thinking it was just his imagination Balsius continued on his way when a scaly arm reached out from under his bed in an attempt to grasp his ankles.

Scared right out of his human form Balsius turned into a ball of light and flew straight out his window.

I was heading to bed myself when he zoomed into my room as I was closing the window.  He buzzed around my head shouting in too high a voice for me to understand.

“Balsius I can’t under stand you when you’re that small.  Why don’t you change and tell me what’s the matter?”

“Mo…momo…Monster!  It tried to eat me!” Balsius exclaimed shaking so hard fairy dust fell in piles on my floor.

Monsters under the bed again.  I’m going to have to get a witch doctor to come and check all the beds in the house I thought. 

“I’m not going to let a monster have any son of mine for a midnight snack.  You can sleep in my bed tonight and if any monsters come I’ll get rid of them in a snap,” I reassured Balsius.

“In the morning I’ll call your father and see about getting you your very own fairy house so you don’t have to worry about anything under your bed again.”

“Thanks mom,” Balsius said hugging me tightly.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the late comment, but this was a really good post. I'm loving Bonehilda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Lizzy Bird. I've been crocheting gifts for family like a mad woman so I haven't had time to play with Aphrodite for a while. I plan to get back to her after the holidays. I've already made a household of handsome hunks for her, when she's done with them I'm going to hunt up some berry Sims to bring some color into Cornucopia.

      Delete